As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases you make on this website.
The Fujifilm 100-400mm lens at Friday Football
“Friday football with Futsal Tokyo,” seems to be a misnomer, doesn’t it? Not really, because the group also plays football (or soccer, if you prefer). For this game, in February 2022, I went to the Minami-Nagasaki Sports Center, not far from Shinjuku. It was another chance to give the Fujifilm 100-400 mm lens a workout!
Friday football with Futsal Tokyo is two hours of social sport. Depending on the numbers, teams consist of either eleven or eight a side. The session has four games, each twenty-five minutes long. For ¥1000, it is great value.
The group is a mix of locals and from overseas. First-time players are requested to message organizer Matthew about their football background (so he can balance the teams in advance). It’s all straightforward to do.
Futsal Tokyo Football Gameplay and Rules
- Kick-offs are from the center at the start and after every goal.
- Throw-ins from the side.
- 4 meters of space between the sideline ball and opposing players.
- There are no back-passes. You can pass the ball to the keeper, but keepers cannot pick the ball up with their hands.
- Slide tackles are not allowed. But sliding is okay to block, collect the ball, or pass.
- As it is a social event, players referee their games.
- Sportsmanship – aggressive, threatening, or irresponsible players will be ejected from the game. This includes behavior on the sidelines.
- Make sure to take a smile!
And as for the Fujifilm 100-400 mm lens, it was fantastic. The image quality was excellent. I loved it. It is an incredible piece of kit. After using it for some games, I felt there were some problems, though.
I found it heavy. And the aperture ring seemed a little tight. In the beginning, those two problems prevented it from being a good sports lens. Well, after getting used to it, I’ve changed my mind. I have no problems with it now.
All in all, it was a great day. The level of people was a delight to watch and very entertaining. I’m sure many of the guys spend a lot of time playing the game. If you want to join Futsal Tokyo, you can see the group’s Meetup page here. I’m sure you won’t regret getting in touch with them. They are a great bunch of people.